THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Tuesday 21 April 2009

WWE RAW - What An Awesome Night!


OH MY GOD... What a night Monday night was!

After a bit of a nightmare getting to the O2 with some major train delays, The Dark Knight and I arrived at around 7:40pm at the "WWE Monday Night Raw Live event".

I have to admit that I was totally blown away by the sheer scale of the O2 Arena's main atrium. It was HUUUUUUUUGE...

Upon opening the doors to level 1 (mid level seating) DK and I were greeted by a wall of sound comprised of music, screaming, cheering and chanting. The atmosphere inside was more than electric, it was verging on a nuclear reaction... you could literally physically feel the excitement and tension and it was a great first few minutes while we were finding our seats during the start of the event.

We were greeted by the hot female announcer in the knee high leather boots (sorry but I have no idea who she was), she sang our national anthem (not everyone stood up) and then the main view screen showed us some of the matches planned for the evening. And that's when the roof lifted off the O2 dome... Triple H vs Randy Orton! I was totally syked at that those two would be wrestling as I didn't really know the match ups before going, so it was a great surprise.

Also throughout the night we were treated to:

Rey Mysterio vs Big Show!
John Cena vs Chris Jericho!
Beth Phoenix vs Melina!
Kane vs CM Punk
Batista vs Santino Marella
And appearances by Edge, Shane McMahon, Chavo Gurerro, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Rosa Mendes and a couple of others who I didn't know...

It was a great evening for DK and I and I'd probably do it again if I get the opportunity. Well worth the money if you can afford it, even if it's just the once!

Here are a few images from the event from www.wwe.com, my own photos came out pretty crap!












No comments: