THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Monday 20 April 2009

The RROD Strikes Back...


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

For the second time in as many years my beloved X-Box 360 has suffered the RROD (the "red rings of death").

Last week after a long session playing Half-Life 2 (bought a preowned copy of the Orange Box version from Game for £12.99, not bad for 5 games in one box!) and when I went to switch the console back on later that day the RROD popped up...

The Dark Knight and I both suffered this same problem a while back, literally within days of each other, and we sent our 360's off to get sorted (which they were, as they were replaced). I can't recall how long it took but now it's happened again I'm going to have to do the same thing again, begrudgingly, and wait. Hopefully I'm still within the extended warranty period Microsoft gave me after sorting it the last time.

And yes I know, I keep getting told the same thing from everyone I tell about the 360 issue: "BUY A PS3"!

But I love my 360 and have too many games and points etc to just write it off as dead and gone... ;(

No comments: