THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Thursday 30 April 2009

ASDA - X-Box 360 Arcade For £97 & DSI For £127!


As you may have read recently on this blog my beloved X-Box 360 had a relapse of the old 'red rings of death' a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately it wasn't still in warranty so I've been waiting to get a good deal on a brand new replacement console from somewhere.

Fate has been playing a lot of games with me recently and I've been finding things are falling in my lap, either for free or at discounted prices, if I only wait a little while... And so it came to pass that ASDA of all places had an advert in the Sun newspaper the other day that they are supplying the cheapest of the 360 bundles, the 'Arcade' (which is the basic console and wireless controller package, no hard drive etc), for £97. Considering that's about £27 less than anywhere else on the market at the moment I was highly impressed.

Added to that was the fact that the newly released Nintendo DSI is also down in price to £127 from £145... Bargains all round. (And don't tell my eldest daughter that she's got one for her birthday next month!)

The Nintendo DSI in white or black £127!

Suffice to say I snapped up a 360 through the online ASDA site and should have it plugged in and ready to play Left 4 Dead by the weekend.

The deals only run until 12 midnight on Monday the 4th of May so get one quick if you want one!

1 comment:

Wayne Turner said...

I know the feeling! But you know that you don`t need to fork out for a new one?! If you`re 360 has gone the way of the Red eyed monster, than may I suggest a local guy in Chelmsford who can easily fix the ol` 360 for a fair price. He`s based in Kings Road and has fixed my ol` Elite 3 times now... This isn`t a plug of any sort! I know how frustrating it is when it goes kaput!