THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Friday 3 April 2009

New Product News - Rescue Rangers Statue By Electric Tiki


If you're anything like me you love cartoons and have loved them all your life. Not only have I thoroughly enjoyed recent animation like Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League (& Unlimited), Ben 10, Futurama, Simpsons, Amazing Spider-Man and Batman: The Brave and the Bold (to name but a few) but I was also an obsessive cartoon watcher as a kid too.

I grew up with the likes of Thundercats, Bravestar, Defenders of the Earth, M.A.S.K, Centurians, Talespin, Smurfs, Transformers, He-Man, The Racoons, Dungeons & Dragons, Around the World with Willy Fog, Dogtanian, Family Ness, Dangermouse, Muppet Babies, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, The Real Ghostbusters, Superted, TMNT, Gummi Bears and Wuzzles (the list could go on and on). But one of my favourite Disney cartoons was Chip'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (followed very closely by Gummi Bears I might add, I can still sing that whole theme tune in my head!)...

Monterey Jack, Zipper, Gadget and the Chipmunk Boys were a joy to watch when I was young and I have fond memories of the T.V. Series being a lot of fun.

The Electric Tiki Rescue Rangers 9" Statue.

This stunningly beautiful statue, designed and sculpted by Electric Tiki and distributed by Sideshow Collectibles, stands approximately 9" tall and depicts Chip'n Dale plus their super intelligent female mouse friend 'Gadget' in an action pose atop a book-end base. The colours are beautiful and the quality of the build is spot on for a collector's piece. Electric Tiki have brought out some awesome statues in the past, the Buffy statues are among some of my favourite sculpts ever (pictured below), but it's when classic cartoons are brought to life as well as RR has been here that a genuine nostalgic smile comes to my face.

Hopefully this will be up on forbiddenplanet.co.uk soon... I'll have a wad of cash at the ready!

The current roster for the Electric Tiki Buffy the Vampire Slayer statue line. Buffy version1, Buffy version 2, Glory and Dark Willow. Beautiful pieces...

No comments: