THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Saturday 27 June 2009

Daybreakers - New Trailer


Again it looks like something else has completely slipped by my omni-knowledge... I must be getting old.

Vampires have been a popular mainstay in the entertainment world for ever since the early 1900's. I've never been a fan of horror movies, they just aren't my cup of tea, but I am a huge vampire movie fanatic. Movies like From Dusk Til Dawn, Lost Boys, Blade, Dracula (Gary Oldman version), Monster Squad, Underworld etc are all favourites of mine. Those are some of the better movies but then you also get the bad ones... Ultraviolet, Bloodrayne, 30 days of night (sorry, didn't like it), I am Legend (again not a fan), Lesbian Vampire Killers (plain awful) and of course TWILIGHT! (hours of my life I can never get back...)

Even T.V. has been awash with blood suckers in the past with Buffy, Angel, Trublood, Moonlight, Blood Ties, Blade the series and many, many more.

Now there seems to be a pretty good looking movie called 'Daybreakers' which focuses on an Earth almost completely dominated by vampires who are rapidly running out of humans to supply them with their precious blood. As the situation worsens a blood substitute is created by the government but there are problems... At the same time a cure for vampirism is found when a band of humans enlist a vampire scientist to help them repopulate their dwindling numbers... What will happen to the society in place and will the humans be able to fight back and re-take their home?

Here's the awesome looking trailer:


No comments: