THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Monday 29 June 2009

Smurfs 3-D Movie



Word on the net is that Columbia Pictures' CG/live-action hybrid film based on "The Smurfs" will hit theaters in 3D. 'Smurfs 3D' is scheduled for a December 17, 2010 release in the US.

Some very early CG work on the movie.

The film will be based on the lovable characters created in 1958 by Belgian cartoonist Pierre Culliford, known throughout the world as Peyo. "The Smurfs" were created for a Belgian series of comic books, first as minor characters. The villagers, known for their blue skin and small statures, spawned a line of statuettes, games, toys, theme parks and a hit TV series.


I own a shed load of Smurfs, they were a big part of my childhood as I was bought them all the time. I still have loads on my shelf even now and the theme tune is playing through my head as I type this! I know there are a lot of people out there thinking "dear God nooooo, I don't want to see this movie"! but I don't agree. The Smurfs was a great little cartoon for kids and I'm sure my two girls will really love it if they can pull it off. I've even heard rumours that none other than John Lithgow will voice the villain Gargamel!

Although I'm positive towards this film I have to admit to wanting to see a version like the one mocked up below a few years back... Making Smurfette hot gives me brain pain!

No comments: