THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Thursday 11 June 2009

Mary Jane Pic By J Scott Cambell

I came across this picture of Spider-Man's missus (or is she after the One More Day story arc?) Mary Jane online the other day and had to share it.

I'm a huge comic fan and very fickle when it comes to what I read. I base my reading and purchases on artwork above all else and I'm a huge fan of artists like Jim Lee, Frank Cho, Joe Madureira, Ryan Ottley, Ed McGuiness, Andy Tong and loads of others, but I couldn't remember coming across J Scott Campbell before.

This pic of Mary Jane (at the very bottom of the post) for the cover of Amazing Spider-Man # 601 rocked my world... Not only is it an artistically perfect drawing with some great perspective and colouring but Campbell's version of Mary Jane is stunning... The first time I saw Mary Jane was the famous 'Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot' moment from Spider-Man # 42 drawn by John Romita Sr. And then her later renditions by artists like Adam Hughes etc fleshed her out into one of the hottest redheads in history (damn you Kirsten Dunst!).



However I just had to mention that I absolutely love Campbell's pic here below and thought I'd share it with the rest of you... ;P

No comments: