THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Saturday 27 June 2009

New Monkey Island Game!!!


How did I not know about this?!!! Telltale games are developing 2 new Monkey Island games called 'Tales of Monkey Island' which will be released in 5 monthly episodes for PC and Wiiware starting in July and 'The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition', a re-vamped release of the original game that started it all.

When I was younger, and my Amiga 500+ was the pinnacle of gaming power, the two original Monkey Island games kept me occupied for hours upon end. The second game especially was a hugely enjoyable experience for me and a massive task to complete. 12 floppy discs that you were forever changing... That music still gives me chills today! I can't say that I ever played the 3rd and 4th games, they didn't really look that good, but then I've always been a Monkey Island fanatic at heart so I've always kept track just in case I was tempted.

Guybrush Threepwood through the ages, the first two being the versions I remember.


Below is the new trailer for the 'Tales of Monkey Island' game where you can see hero Guybrush Threepwood and villain LeChuck as you've never seen them before... although I can't say this looks any funnier or playable than the original games.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEEEEHAA! how i love monkey island!