THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Smurfs 3-D Has It's First Cast Members!


The Smurfs were a huge part of my childhood, not only because of the cartoon series but also because whenever I visited my family in Malta I came back with a bag full of figures along with their vehicles and houses to add to my already massive Smurf collection. I even have a few Smurfs in my room now and will be supplying them in my shop (as soon as it opens).

I'm not saying the new 3-D movie will be a hit, in fact it could very well be a Chipmunk-like fiasco, but I'll be watching it with the kids nonetheless...

News was released last week that the first 3 cast members/ voices have been chosen and they are - Neil Patrick Harris (How I met your mother) as the main human (non 3-D generated) character, Jonathan Winters (Mork & Mindy among many other things) as Papa Smurf and none other than the uber hot singer Katy Perry as Smurfette... Strange but very very true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I didn't know Jonathan Winters was still alive...that is good to hear. As an 80s kid myself the Smurfs were a big part of my tv watching and I look forward to seeing them in 3-D and on the big screen after all these years. However I can't say I'm looking forward to Brainy Smurf, I was always a Grumpy Smurf kind of guy.