THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Olivia Munn Has A New Role In Iron Man 2...



It looks as if the beautiful Olivia Munn got cut out of Iron Man 2 in the editing phase due to her part not fitting in with the tone of the movie, but due to being liked for the work she'd contributed she was asked to return to re-shoot a new part in the movie, as a Marvel character!

Here's the news from an interview by Josh Wright of Dual Shockers:

You’re in two gigantic movies this year. Let’s talk about Iron Man 2 first because it’s ****ing Iron Man 2.

Olivia Munn: Actually, they just gave me another role in the film. I had to reshoot all of my scenes.


Wait, didn’t they start filming like last year or something?


Olivia Munn: Yeah, but as they started to edit they realized it was becoming darker than what they’d expected and what my scenes had allowed for. My parts were lighthearted and comedic.


Yikes.


Olivia Munn: Jon Favreau called and was like, “I’ve got good news and bad news: This is what’s happening in editing but we all really like you.” Marvel and Jon had to add another character from the Marvel universe to keep me included.


I need details! Tell us anything about the old or new role.


Olivia Munn: I can’t talk specifics because it’s Iron Man 2! But when they call, you say, “OK, I’m there. What do you need?” You don’t say, “Who is this Marvel? Did you call my agent? Is FIJI Water on set?” Everyone knows who the stars are in this movie. I’m not one of them and I understand the editing process. Some things don’t work out.


What if you’d stayed on the cutting room floor?


Olivia Munn: I would’ve started crying.


Comic-Con would not have been pretty. Your fans would’ve bugged.


Olivia Munn: My Chinese mother would have gone absolutely ballistic. She would’ve thrown shoes. Curling irons. She would’ve been physically looking for Jon Favreau.



So we now know that Olivia's original part was light hearted, so was she just cameoing as a fan girl at the Stark Expo we've seen in the trailers? As a news reporter? As herself on a t.v. screen in the background? As one of Tony's totty girls? We won't find out until someone lets loose on the subject after the film's been released, but we do now know that she's upped her role into that of an actual Marvel character. So who do we now think she'll be playing? My choices are:

Maria Hill of S.H.I.E.L.D

The Wasp (Avenger)

Scarlet Witch (Avenger)

Only problem being that Olivia supposedly has little to no acting skills so I doubt it'll be a big role, or an important one that we'll see in a future movie like the Avengers. So I'm going with Maria Hill, but hoping for one of the other two! ;)

And if that wasn't enough you can see Olivia's newest photo shoot HERE (from Complex magazine) where she's scantily clad amongst various animated animals which look like they're from a Disney movie or two... She's still cuter nonetheless. Enjoy!


No comments: