THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Sunday 12 July 2009

Ryan Reynolds Snags Green Lantern!


Thank **** for that... It's now official that Ryan Reynolds, the soon to be Deadpool fan favourite, has snagged the role of Hal Jordan in the new live action 2011 Green Lantern movie.

I'd heard last week that execs were having a hard time choosing between a few different actors including Chris Pine (Star Trek 2009), Bradley Cooper (The Hangover) and Justin Timberlake... Yes that's what I said Justin-frickin-Timberlake, but finally Reynolds won out and is now set to don the emerald power ring of Oa.

It's a shame that he didn't get chosen for 'The Flash' as I think his unique acting talent would have supported that role far better than as Hal Jordan (I still think Nathan Fillion could have nailed Hal much better, but maybe he's too old now) but I'm glad it's Reynolds over anyone else. It'll be strange seeing him as the B-listing Marvel character Deadpool and then the A-listing DC character Green Lantern, but as I'm a fan of his work I'm not going to complain one little bit.

The first I actually heard of Reynolds getting the part was when Jon Favreau Twittered that Green Lantern had visited the Iron Man 2 set... He'd obviously dropped by to see Scarlett and told everyone the good news! Then a little while after the internet was displaying the news.

Hopefully he can shake off a little of his natural humour and get a bit more focused on playing a hardcore action superhero that is needed for a good lantern movie. Now all we need to hear is that characters like Kilowog and the other lanterns are gonna feature and I'll be at my maximum geek level!

Just to get the old GL juices flowing here's the trailer again for the upcoming animated movie for Green Lantern: First Flight


1 comment:

Rod-Man said...

He's good but now he's 2 major superheroes. That bothers me for some reason.