THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Sunday 12 July 2009

Blade Movie Prequel Series Focusing On Deacon Frost?


Yep, it does seem a little strange but it's been confirmed that original Blade movie director Stephen Norrington and original vampire villain Stephen Dorff (Deacon Frost) have co-created an idea for a new movie trilogy based primarily on Dorff's vampire character.

Although not a project Norrington is thinking of doing until he finishes his Crow movie remake, the first new movie is thought to be set for production next year.

No more information is available at this time but to be brutally honest I don't care. I'm just not interested in this idea at all, as I wasn't with Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (which for me was bloody awful). I love vampire movies and I love the first two Blade movies (not so hot on the third) but steering the story away from its main protagonist seems like a very bad move and an attempt to rejuvenate the flailing careers of both Norrington and Dorff, riding on the popularity wave of vampire movies and TV series' over the last few years.

If that is the case then they need to stop this idea in its tracks. I can't see this being a hit, or even getting to the second movie without it being straight to DVD, but I could be wrong...

No comments: