THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Thursday 26 July 2012

Goodbye for now Mr Morrison.

Hello comic book fans and especially  for you DC fun loving fanatics out their... 

As I know and I'm sure some of you guys know if you like to familiarise yourself and you comic reading abilities with auteur theories, You would know that Mr Grant Morrison has probably, nearly almost contributed to every mainstream comic publication on the planet, Like Doctor Who, Marvel, DC comics and  2000AD. Many have hated him for his his work some have liked his genius, ....Me? I like his runs on the Superman and JLA stuff but I think that he should just leave the good Batman stories to Snyder. Grant Morrison has had a run of 20 years, staring his career in the early 80's to the present day (He was also the one who created New God *shudder*) but he redefined modern comic book story telling, Heck he changed story telling with  his intellectual bad*** plots for me. I mean when I read Final Crises, I had to re read pages to understand what was going on, but anyway his books always want me to read further and further and never ever skip anything.



Well now Grant Morrison has just announced and quoted :

“I’m not saying that I’ll never write superheroes again. It’s just that my relationship to them has changed especially after finishing the book and I’m not sure if I want to maintain the same kind of relentless level of production.”

Thats right, the Scotsman from Glasgow has announced he finnaly, or for sometime wants to quit the Superhero fiction, the man who redefined them now is tired...Is that also to say he wont continue writing comics though?

No my friend Morrison will be ending Action Comics" with issue #16, and "Batman Incorporated" with issue #12. But afterwards he will be publishing a mini series with Image publishing called Happy which is a fictional series that tells the story of a drunk, unemplyed cop for hire and a blue pony...? Anyway knowing Morrison he will make logic to it, which is quite intresting as it sounds really  sadistic and sad but you could also nearlly laugh at the fact of the pony. I forgot to mention this blue pony apparently has wings like Pegasus.


anyway this is the Mystical Mooshroom, Haha kidding the Micro Marvel ( I keep forgetting my alias). Enjoy the weather and get off the internet! :P

No comments: