THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Galaxy Quest - Region 1 Deluxe Edition DVD


'Galaxy Quest' rates as one of my favourite films of all time...

Maybe because it's a hilarious satirical look at the lives of an aging sc-fi T.V. cast (blatantly and unashamedly based on the cast of Star Trek the original series), maybe because it's actually quite heartfelt and emotional in places, maybe because I'm a die-hard Trek fan, and maybe because the actors and actresses involved do such a damn good job in their respective roles that it's a bloody enjoyable movie outing.

And may I say by Grabthar's Hammer, how hot does Sigourney Weaver look in this movie? What a change a push up bra and blond hair can make huh?



Anyway, back to the blog in hand...

My version of the Galaxy Quest DVD that I bought years ago is extremely lacklustre and has nothing in the way of extras on it. It's even one of those cardboard and plastic DVD cases... So I was ecstatic to hear that a Deluxe Edition DVD was released today in the US via Amazon.com and other online retailers.

I haven't found a release date for the UK version, but all my DVD players in my house either play region 1 as standard or have been unlocked to do so, which means I'm sorted either way. I can't wait to buy this, stick it in my upscaling entertainment system and then sit back and enjoy the ride once more, this time with a veritable cornucopia of extras! Although when you think about it I'd have preferred a director's cut edition too... but that's just me being picky.

The full list of extras includes:

* Historical Documents: The Story of Galaxy Quest
* Never Give Up, Never Surrender: The Intrepid Crew of the NSEA Protector
* By Grabthar's Hammer, What Amazing Effects
* Alien School: Creating the Thermian Race
* Actors in Space
* Sigourney Weaver Raps
* Deleted Scenes
* Thermian Audio Track
* Theatrical Trailer
* Previews



NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

No comments: