THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Saturday 2 May 2009

Wolverine - Dark Knight's After-Thoughts...

A Dark Knight Post



Hello all, sorry for being rather shell shocked but I've just watched WOLVERINE!! And I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I'd read all the hype and the slating that the film has had since the "release" of the unfinished version, but I just had to watch it myself.

"What did I make of it?" I hear you cry..............well actually it could have been a lot worse.

The action was all there, if somewhat pointless at times. The opening sequence is by far the best filmed and thought out part of the movie. The fan favourites are all in the film, although completely out of sequence with the time line of the X-universe, and the writer decided to kill some of them regardless of the fact they are established characters who lived through the original stories events.

All those gripes aside, JACKMAN, SCHREIBER, and REYNOLDS amongst others give decent performances, and this makes a reasonable popcorn movie to kill two hours.

I must tell you however that as a massive fan of classic "uncanny x men" and Wolverine himself, I did nothing but find faults with this movie as I know the background and the events leading to the modern birth of a comic-book great. If you know nothing about the genre, other than the events of the X-men 1-3 movies, then this will be a good addition to the series.

I personally blame 20th Century FOX....recently everything they touch turns to s**t......lets hope MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT get the rights for X MEN and make something akin to IRON MAN and bring it back from the brink.

FOX..............YOUR COMIC BOOK MOVIES SUCK........TAKE A STEP BACK AND TRY MAKING SOMETHING DECENT FOR A CHANGE.

Rant over.

No comments: