THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Friday 22 May 2009

M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender Movie - First Images

Although I'm aware of 'Avatar - The Last Airbender' due to its presence on T.V. and through my work, with the action figures from Mattel a couple of years back, I don't know a hell of a lot more about it. I hear it was pretty popular with kids, and I knew a movie was being made my M. Night Shyamalan, but I didn't know it was already filming or who was starring.

These two images below from USA Today show 12 year old newcomer Noah Ringer in the lead role of 'Aang' the Airbender and 19 year old Slumdog Millionaire actor Dev Patel as 'Zuko' the Firebender. Both actors are experts in martial arts, Ringer being an expert in Tae Kwon Do and weapons (which is how he got the role, he sent in a demo tape of his martial arts skills) and Dev Patel was a black belt in Tae Kwon Do before he even started acting.

The movie is set for release in June 2010 and has some positive vibes on the grapevine so we'll have to wait over a year to see if those vibes are right!

No comments: