THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Wednesday 5 August 2009

Thundercats IYP Now Released!!!


THUNDER, THUNDER, THUNDER, THUNDERCATS HO!


Yes it's true, finally my long awaited Thundercats IYP (In Your Pocket) has finally hit the shelves and aren't I proud!

If you didn't know already one little part of my job is to sometimes help in the creation of IYP's for Underground Toys, the manufacturer responsible for the Mr.T, Scarface, Stewie, Star Wars, Rocky, WWE and Only Fools and Horses In Your Pockets that you can find in most Clinton Cards and HMV's or online shops such as Play.com and Amazon. There are many others in the range but I can't remember the whole lot!

I'd helped create the Star Wars and WWE IYP in the past but my crowning triumph for me has to be the Thundercats version. Being the huge 80's geek that I am when we got the go ahead to create this thing I was totally stoked. All across the UK and maybe even the world there will be geeks of my age saying "oh cool, Thundercats, I remember that!" and then they press the top left button and hear that nostalgic Sword of Omens chant... Ah, the good old days of T.V.!

The funny thing is that all the phrases I originally chose to go on the IYP are on there, but the packaging backing card states 4 wrong...

On the actual product are:

"Thunder! Thunder! Thundercats, ho!"
"Sword Of Omens, Give me sight beyond sight"
"Snarf, Snarf!"

"Let's Go Thundercats!"

"Don't Like The Looks Of That!"

"Mumm-Ra Lives!"


But the backing card says they are:

"Thunder! Thunder! Thundercats, ho!"
"Sword Of Omens, Give me sight beyond sight"
"Safari Joe has done it again!"

"The Thundercats! They're loose!"
"Where evil exists... Mumm-ra lives"
"By thunder! If ever I were to catch that Tanknapper, I'll smash him to smithereens!"



Nothing to do with me of course, and I'm happy my original phrases are actually on there! Get yourself one today from forbiddenplanet.co.uk HERE for £8.99 and then tell people that you know the guy who made it!

Here are two pics I just took on my phone with me holding it.


No comments: