THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Tuesday 16 February 2010

We Are The World 25th Anniversary Video For Haiti Disaster


25 years ago when I was only 7 years old the original 'We are the world' song was released. It's a song and a video that has been ingrained into my mind ever since I first saw it and for some reason it always evoked an emotional response from me.

Now we have a new version by all of today's big music and movie stars (yes there's Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn and many others in there if you look hard enough, along with Heroe's Haitian too!) and even though the rap part about 75% of the way through throws you off quite a bit it's a striking song to behold yet again. Even having bits where Michael Jackson joins in from old footage is sad.

If you can bare to watch the whole thing then please do, it's strange yet truly awesome to see all these new people, 25 years after the original, singing for charity once again.

1 comment:

John said...

I agree with you. I reviewed this as well.
Though I would have given money to keep Celine DIon or Barbara Streisand out of it