THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Penelope Cruz Cast In Pirates Of The Caribbean 4?


As if the fact that another Pirates of the Caribbean movie was heading our way wasn't bad enough (don't get me wrong, loved the first one, felt sick watching the other two), now we hear that the Rob Marshall directed fourth installment has snagged Penelope Cruz to play Jack's 'foil and equal'.

'On Stranger Tides', as it's been titled, has supposedly done away with both Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom in favour of solely following Sparrow's shady shenanigans with a whole bunch of new characters who are all looking for the fountain of youth, almost like a reboot of the franchise.

I don't mind Ms Cruz at all but from what little screen time I've seen of her I can't say she's a strong actress to put in a big budget sequel to one of Disney's biggest movie franchises of all time. For me this movie seems to be going the wrong way about getting its fans back, or maybe that's the point. It's doing away with them in favour of a new bunch who weren't sullied by the 2nd and 3rd films in the franchise...

Either way shooting starts this summer in Hawaii and until I see a trailer I'm going to automatically dislike this before it even gets made!

No comments: