THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Marvel Top Trumps Advert Reminds Me Of My Youth...

On Valentines day last Sunday I took the missus out for a slap up Chinese at the same place we've been going for V-day for the past 12 years... My parents babysat the kids and when we went to pick them up my Mum handed me a couple of pop-out sheets of a few Marvel Top Trumps that her newspaper was giving away for free.

I'm 32 years old and my Mum is giving me Marvel Top Trumps...

Which of course is very cool of my Mum because she knows just how much of a geek I still am and even a random stranger that caught a glimpse of my 'man-geek-play-room' in my house would be able to tell straight away... Or ask if we had a 10 year old son... Which has happened a few times.

Aaaaanyway my point is that the paper my Mum must have got the cards from was the Daily Record (have I even heard of that UK paper? Why doesn't it sound familiar?) and the video below is the advertisement for them. Put a smile on my face anyway, reminds me of the numerous times I'd pretend I was a superhero in my room as a kid, running around with a mask, a makeshift cape or a stick standing in for a lightsaber etc... Ahhh the golden days of yore...

Enjoy!

No comments: