THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Thursday 24 December 2009

The Katate Kid (Remake) - First Trailer

No matter how bad this movie could turn out to be, I'm gonna love it. I was brought up on the Karate Kid movies and they're a direct part of my upbringing with a Japanese step dad and the martial arts life I attempted to embrace in my young days. Now I'm just older and lazy...

Jayden Smith (Will Smith's son if you didn't know) looks like he's trained pretty hard for this and although it's a remake it could hold its own ground well. Jackie Chan might be getting on a bit but he's definitely right for the re-imagined role he's playing and scenes like the swatting of the fly are nice little tongue-in-cheek nods to the original Karate Kid movie. Oh and Jayden's last line of the trailer is so like his dad it's scary!

Enjoy!

No comments: