THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Monday 7 September 2009

G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra - Mini Movie Review By The Crimson Blur

A Crimson Blur Post


Hi all,

Crimson blur here and I know to some that this will be late but I'm going to have my say on G.I. Joe.


Where to start? OK, my Knowledge for Joe is not good... I never read the comics and never really watched the cartoons, I did however have some of the toys as they were awesome.
I'm pretty good when it come to character's backgrounds, but when it comes to G.I. Joe I haven't a clue and when I watched this film that might of been a good thing. This might help Hasbro capture a new audience as they launch the toy line, but I might be wrong.

For the film I didn't think it was actually that bad. I liked the action, loved the Babes, but I felt the film didn't have enough story... all you get is BANG BANG !! slap stick humour BANG BANG!! more slap stick humour.

One of my favourite characters had to be "Snake Eyes" but I wanted to know more about him. All I got was that he was a little boy that amazingly knew martial arts, was hungry one day, and then the master (who is an extra from Big Trouble in Little China) of the home Snake tries to steal food from, took him under his wing and trained him. If you look up Snake Eyes on Wiki there is a lot more to him and it's a lot more interesting.

In a nut shell the film is watchable with good action scenes and some good, funny moments. I think a whole lot more could of been done, but maybe we will see a lot more in the sequel (which has already been confirmed).

I rate this film 6.5 out of 10

No comments: