THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Monday 18 January 2010

Conan Remake - Hopefuls



Even though I'm an obsessive Arnie fan and I used to watch Conan The Barbarian all the time when I was younger I'll admit that I'm not in the least bit interested in the proposed Conan movie remake. For some reason just the thought of it provokes images of a straight to DVD Beastmaster type affair, and personally I don't think anyone will ever come close to Arnie's natural perfection in the role. OK, so he couldn't really act, but he was Conan in every way on screen.

Director Marcus Nispel is on track to start the production by March 15 in Bulgaria—if they can find the right barbarian. So far only 3 names have been thrown into the mix and to me only one of them is an exciting prospect.

We have Supernatural's Jared Padalecki, Twilight's Kellan Lutz and my favourite for the role; Stargate Atlantis' Jason Momoa... I'm thinking that although all 3 are way too skinny to play Conan to any believable degree, even though all three are sickeningly ripped, with a little hard-arsed body building to bulk him up Jason Momoa could be one cool Barbarian. Minus the Ronon Dex dreads of course.

Either way it feels wrong that a Conan remake is on it's way, it's like replacing Harrison Ford in his Indiana Jones role with Justin Timberlake... OK not quite, but you get what I mean.


UPDATE: Jason Momoa did indeed snag the role of Conan. Told ya!

No comments: