THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Saturday 9 January 2010

Space Battleship Yamato - Japanese Trailer

When I was a kid I lived in many places including Hong Kong. When we came to England when I was 5 years old I'd brought with me a huge amount of toys including almost every Star Wars figure and vehicle ever made (still have every single one) and a number of other toys including some Chinese and Japanese stuff like a poseable 12" Ultraman figure, a Captain Harlock bendy figure, a set of original Chinese Power Ranger figures and a red and blue, 9v, battery operated, electronic toy gun, in the shape of a flying battleship.

I grew up and discovered the names and origins of all these wacky characters and vehicles that weren't from western t.v. but I never managed to find out what that gun was based on...

Now I've come across a new trailer for a Japanese movie called "Space Battleship Yamato" and low and behold, there is the battleship my toy gun was based on!

I've also since found out that the anime series this movie was based on was pretty huge back in the day so I'm shocked I didn't find out about it sooner!

Enjoy the trailer if you're a fan!


No comments: