THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Thursday 6 November 2008

Indy 5? Please don't George!


"It's crazy but great, George [Lucas] is in think mode right now" said Harrison Ford in an interview with the LA Times recently. "With the last one having done well... it's no surprise that some people ant to do it again".

OK, yes you have to admit that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a runaway hit this summer grossing over $780 million worldwide but the way I see it is that people went to see it and paid their money based on the fact that it was Indiana Jones and the last 3 films were classic greats. The actual film, if you take a step back and look at it, was an aged, forced shambles and a disappointment on almost every level, especially for die hard Indy fans like myself. I'll have to watch it again on DVD next week but I don't think I'll change my mind. Aliens from a different dimension had no place being the Mcguffin for the 4th instalment in my opinion.

Let's hope George goes back to his mystical artifact roots and chooses something like the Spear of Destiny or even the bloody fake Shroud of Turin, just not something as outlandish as aliens again please!

No comments: