THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Thursday 3 June 2010

Jim Henson Remembered...


Back on May the 16th 2010 it was exactly 20 years since the death of Muppet legend Jim Henson. Unfortunately as I was busy sorting stuff for my new company I missed the date and didn't post the little video that I found online which is now below.

Over the last few days I've coincidentally watched Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and Elmo in Grouchland (with my youngest daughter) and it occurred to me just how much of an impact Jim and his creations had on my upbringing as a kid. Not only were Dark Crystal and Labyrinth two of my favourite films (although DC used to scare the hell out me at times) but I also watched Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street and the Muppet Show continually. The opening credits to the Muppet Show still gives me goosebumps even now at 32 years old...

Even though Jim's son Brian took over the reigns after his death and the Henson Company still have a huge impact on T.V. and movies to this day his death was a huge loss to our generation and watching this video below where the Muppets find out he died and read letters from various fans brings sincere tears to my eyes...

No comments: