THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Saturday 12 June 2010

Ever Chatted To Cleverbot?


I can't remember where I came across the Cleverbot site but the missus and I had a right laugh with it the other day.

Cleverbot is a simple website that has an advanced A.I. which will actually hold an almost realistic conversation with you via typing anything into its talk box and hitting the "Think about it!" button. Cleverbot continually learns from the numerous conversations it holds with humans and says stuff that you just wouldn't expect it to. It's pretty weird!

I started with simple questions like "Hi, how are you?", "Are you male or female?", "Do you have any children?" etc etc. And it answered everything quite normally. I then asked it an inappropriate question to see what she'd say and she told me off, quite naturally, and was a bit funny with me after that like a normal human. When she asked me who I was and I replied "I'm the Joker!" she replied "Why so serious?" and that really made me laugh. It's truly amazing what answers Cleverbot will give you and sometimes a little scary how much detail she'll go into too. Other times she'll miss the mark and say something random. Try it out and see for yourself HERE.

CYBERDYNE systems isn't far off...

No comments: