THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Monday 27 June 2011

Fans Honor 'The Rocketeer' Anniversary with Original Animated Film (Video)



Let it be known that Kryptonian Warrior is, and always has been since the 1991 Joe Johnstone directed live-action movie, a massive fan of 'The Rocketeer'.

Many people put that movie in the same rock-bottom league as The Phantom and The Spirit (which are actually another two films I really liked when I was younger) but I absolutely loved it.

I fell in love with Jennifer Connelly (again), I loved Billy Campbell in the main role of Cliff Seacord, I loved Timothy Dalton as the villain, I loved the WWII setting and of course the all out swashbuckling action...

So, you get the idea... I love The Rocketeer. So let's get to the point:

The Rocketeer recently celebrated its 20th anniversary (which technically isn't actually until August 2nd in the UK) and Paris-based 'Digital Banana Studios' created an original animated short film starring the Rocketeer that honours the work of creator Dave Stevens and filmmaker Joe Johnston, who directed the live-action film.

So here you go. Enjoy!


The Rocketeer 20th anniversary from John Banana on Vimeo.

No comments: