THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory - 40th Anniversary Pics & Video Interview With The Cast

First of all I'm going to start off this post by saying that the original 1971 Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is one of my favourite films of all time... Disregarding the fact that I usually hate musicals, or even films with the slightest bit of singing in them Willy Wonka was an incredible film and it's stayed with me for my entire life. There's hardly a week that goes by that I'm not bounding around my house like a nutter singing one of the songs like "I've got a golden ticket" or "Pure Imagination" or even "Oompa Loompa", that's how much I love it.

This year marks the 40th, yes "40th", anniversary of Mel Stuart's cult classic and below you'll find not only some "before and after" pics of the main cast with their current jobs listed below them (always interesting to see what child actors are up to now) but also a video from "The Today Show" where some are being interviewed about their time on the set etc. And just in case you're wondering - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka) is very much alive, he just couldn't make it to the interview... Probably due to being the oldest of the lot, extremely famous and retired, I quite understand that!





No comments: