THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Friday 21 September 2012

Delicious Deviant Artists #10!

The fan art I’m featuring this week for our Delicious Deviant Artist is wonderful, and every piece is drawn on an ATC or ACEO sketch card, which is generally 1.5 by 2 inches.  That’s a pretty small space for such epic art, so I really wanted to share it with you!  It’s all drawn by the incredible Christopher-Manuel and his drawings span a huge variety of nerdism and geekery, so I highly recommend checking out his gallery once you’ve finished reading this week’s review.



First up I want you to admire this wonderful portrait of a porcelain beauty.  Brad Pitt as Louis in Interview With a Vampire was the Edward Cullen of his time.  (Although he’s still better than Edward Cullen since he’s a real vampire and would burn a very painful, fiery death instead of sparkle if he were to stand in the sunlight.)  And just look at that colouring!  It’s immaculate!  I love that he’s drawn the veins in too, they’re very prominent but they’re not ugly and they don’t take focus away from Louis’s gorgeous eyes either, which makes them a truly fantastic touch to the piece.




I haven’t seen many people capable of pulling off decent Hellboy fan art, but boy-howdy, this guy has.  He’s included all of Red’s bad attitude and of course he’s given him a big ol’ gun to shoot too.  Hellboy just wouldn’t be complete without a gun.

The detail and shading on the hand in the foreground are the perfect finishing touch, I love the fact that the hand is the main focus because if you’re a fan of the comics OR the movies, you’ll know that the WHOLE time you’re watching/reading Hellboy you’re basically thinking “What’s the deal with his giant hand?”.

You might want to prepare yourselves for this next picture though.

I mean it, I squealed in delight when I first saw it.

Are you ready?

Take a deep breath now.

Okay, here it comes…




Oh yeah!!  BOW TO YOUR QUEEN!!!  She’s so glorious, isn’t she?  So regal and beautiful and lovely.  I can’t even begin to imagine how Christopher managed to fit all that fabulous detail on such a small canvas I just-  It’s SO GOOOOOOOD!

Now, if like me, you are a massive fan of any and/or all of the Alien films, you should be in the middle of dancing all around the room with sheer joy.  If not, I’m sure you can still appreciate how amazing this piece is just by observing the detail, shading, just, just, hnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Okay, I’m going to go and calm down now…  I think I’ve done enough fangirling for one week already.




Check out Christopher-Manuel’s full Deviant Art gallery here, and keep an eye out next week for another Delicious Deviant Artist!




No comments: