THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Wednesday 24 December 2008

Iron Man II - Casting Rumour


I should have posted this 5 days ago but I've been way too busy with X-mas and all!

Anyway ew.com seems to have some spies that have learned that: "John Cho has been cast as the Mandarin in Jon Favreau's follow-up to the gold-plated blockbuster. Cho, having appeared as both Harold and Sulu, will make the Asian geek trifecta with this role as the power-ring-wearing, power-mad villain. Other horribly placed sources tell us that Tommy Chong is being eyed to play the Mandarin's father, who claims to be the real genius responsible for the weaponeering success of Howard Stark, Tony's beloved dad".

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Cho fan, I've liked him since his American Pie "MILF" chanting scenes and the first Harold and Kumar movie rocked but playing the Mandarin? I get that Marvel are booting these movies from scratch and every character will be younger and less well travelled than we know them from the comics, but to tell you the truth I'd much prefer to see someone older like James Hong as the Mandarin than the far younger Cho... Oh well, let's hope that rumour fades out quickly!

James Hong - A better choice for the Mandarin? Yeah he's getting old, but he's awesome and who could forget David Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China?!

No comments: