THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Sunday 14 December 2008

Bettie Page, Legendary 1950's Pinup Dies Aged 85


Only 3 weeks ago I posted about the new limited edition 6" red lingerie statue of Bettie Page, the 1950's pinup and sexual icon. Last Thursday at the age of 85 Bettie died from pneumonia.

As I mentioned before I was, and still am, a huge fan of Bettie Page. She was a phenomenon in her day and remembered fondly by many ever since. She was the inspiration behind many characters in movies and comics (a movie biopic of her life was released in 2006: The Notorious Bettie Page) and was a poster girl for an entire generation, leading the revolution for a new sexual awakening in the 50's and 60's. I'm only 30 years old but she was still one of my fantasy girls when I was young, along side women on my wall like Jet from Gladiators, Cindy Crawford, Pamela Anderson, Erika Eleniak and Gillian Anderson (quite a varied mix I know).

R.I.P Bettie, you will be remembered xxx.

No comments: