THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Sunday 14 December 2008

Better Late Than Never...

So, as regular readers can clearly see, my promise of posts coming thick and fast over last weekend didn't actually happen. Apologies for that!
The time I'd set aside to get posts done got totally wiped out with my house suffering a 4 hour power cut and the rest of my week being so busy my feet haven't touched the ground. I guess it's just that time of year.. It's funny when something like a power cut happens, especially to someone like me who's life literally revolves around TV and computers. I was reduced to sitting in complete silence (I still had light) with the only options being to go to bed early or read a book.
Luckily I'd only recently received the latest installment of the unbelievably addictive Walking Dead Hardcover Book 4. This ongoing zombie survival horror is probably one of the best graphic novels you can ever read, even if you're not a fan of horror (as I'm not at all). Robert Kirkman's writing creates such a rich and realistic character base and some visceral, gut wrenching, moments that you get completely drawn in and involved to the survivors plight. I have to say that the last few pages of book 4 actually affected me so much I felt like I lost people that I actually knew, I felt sick, such is Kirkman's ability to shock his readers. Artist Tony Moore should get a huge portion of the praise too with his fantastically simple, yet sickeningly accurate black and white art depictions of the action. If you get the chance to pick up these books you should. As with Image's Invincible books you won't regret spending the money.


Again, I will be attempting to update as much as possible over the next week but it's still a very busy time for me so forgive me if you don't see a huge amount until new year.

No comments: