THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Wednesday 14 May 2014

First look trailer for "Galavant"



What I think can only be described as a mix of The Princess Bride and Robin Hood: Men in tights is ABC's new show (coming soon!) Galavant. The story of of a knight who finds true love...and loses it. There's comedy, music and fairytale, what's not to love? Created, written, and executive produced by Dan Fogelman (Cars, Bolt and Tangled) with co-executive producers Alan Menken (The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Hercules and many many more) and Glenn Slater (The Little Mermaid) who are also the shows songwriters and composers. This will be a full TV show and run for (at least) a season, although it's stated as "coming soon" it seems very likely will be aired in the US from mid-December to the end of  February to fill the gap between the first and second half of season four of Once Upon a Time. It looks lighthearted, fun and cheesey but able to laugh at itself (much like the aforementioned Princess Bride and Robin Hood: Men in tights) and I'll certainly be watching this myself! I'm a little concerned about how it will fill a season with a consistent level of laughs, songs and storyline but I hope they manage to pull it off, even if it only runs for the one season, much like OUAT in Wonderland which was rounded off perfectly in that one season. I'll keep you updated as we get more information but for now, sit back and watch the trailer. I think King Richard may already be my favorite character!

No comments: