THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Thursday 22 May 2014

Convention Report

Hi Guys,

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Unfortunately life got in the way for a while but I'm back now with my report from Collectormania MK 21. Myself and my friend and fellow contributor the Mistress of Magic made the trek from Essex to Milton Keynes via London last saturday and as usual it was well worth it.



 COLLECTORMANIA MILTON KYNES

For myself I usually go for the swag and loots but this time I had another reason to go. I went to meet Johnny Yong Bosch aka Adam Park aka the second black ranger, Zeo ranger 4 Green and the first green turbo ranger. This was great, I mean I really can't describe how great a feeling it was to meet him, I got his autograph and my picture taken with him, see below, and he was such a nice guy. Since being in power rangers Mr. Bosch has gone on to be a very prolific voice actor doing a lot of English dubbing for anime, his two most famous roles in this regard being Vash the Stampede from Trigun and Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach. For more of Mr. Bosch's work please go here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0097765/
Picture unfortunately ruined by having me posed in it.


Next onto the swag and unfortunately this wasn't that great. The only things I got for myself were the first two books in a series called DestinyQuest. I've started going through the first volume and it is a little slow going but enjoyable. The best way I can think to describe it is like crossing a Choose your own adventure book with Dungeons and Dragons, being a fan of both I thought I'd give them a try. Full report on these soon.

Finally my travel companion. The Mistress of Magic and I and are con buddies and go to most conventions together and her reason for going this time was for Mr. Paul McGann, the Eighth Doctor himself but I'll give her the chance to talk about her experience.


Overall great day and I look forward to doing it all again in July for London Film and Comic-Con. I can't recommend attending a showmasters event enough. Go to their site see what takes your fancy: http://www.collectormania.com/.

No comments: