THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Wednesday 15 May 2013

From Dusk Till Dawn TV Show?



Remember the original and extremely awesome 1996 From Dusk Till Dawn movie? Forgot about the straight to DVD sequels, or simply didn't watch them? Yup, me to.

I'm a massive fan of the original film but I'm a little bemused by the news today that the franchise is set to jump onto our TV screens through Robert Rodriguez's new "El Rey" cable network, Rodriguez being the original movie's director and co-writer.


The series will be written, produced and directed by Rodriguez himself and will explore and expand on the characters and story from the original film, providing a wider scope and richer Aztec mythology.

To be honest I think From Dusk Till Dawn worked so well (and again I stress that I'm talking about the originals and not the sequels) because of the top quality actors playing their perfect parts. George Clooney was particularly amazing, Harvey Keitel, Juliette Lewis, and even Quentin Tarantino got top marks from me for their parts, and you can't deny that having Salma Hayek, Cheech Marin, Danny Trejo, and Tom Savini (among many others) upped the awesome-ante to an instant-classic level. New actors playing the roles (if they keep any of the characters) may dilute the Kool Aid somewhat, but as long as we have a good ongoing storyline and kick-ass vampires I'm up for it! Could this be a Mexican-style Walking Dead but with vampires, and possibly a lot of dark/sick humour? Hmmmmm...

No comments: