THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Saturday 12 January 2013

Gatchaman/Battle Of The Planets/G-Force Live Action Movie Being Made?



First of all don't get too excited, this is a Japanese movie and not a Hollywood production, which is either a good thing or a bad thing for those of you that either love or hate Manga/Anime adaptations from either country. But if you're as old as me and watched the BOTP cartoon series as a kid you'll feel equally aggrieved about the cancellation of the proposed CGI movie for Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force that had a teaser trailer posted up on Youtube years ago and sent 'Science Ninja Team Gatchaman' fans into a frothy frenzy.

Now I've just come across news from only last month showing that a live-action movie is being made (which had totally slipped past me) and the video below (albeit Japanese language only) shows an interview with the new cast and some costume-less footage too. As a fan of American productions I'll admit that I doubt I'll be able to stomach a Japanese version (I'm afraid I watch the dubbed Akira rather than the original Japanese with English subtitles!) but I still really want to see some live-action Gatchaman-action nonetheless, and maybe this could spur on a Hollywood studio to take on the original CGI version that looked so cool all those years ago! The film is set for an August 2013 release.



Cast

Tori Matsuzaka as Eagle Ken
Gō Ayano as Condor Joe
Ayame Gouriki as Swan Jun
Tatsuomi Hamada as Swallow Jinpei
Ryohei Suzuki as Owl Ryu




Below is the interview and the cancelled CGI teaser trailer.






No comments: