THIS SITE

THIS SITE

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Agents of Shield S2 E21 review

Heading on from last week's increasingly epic finale tale this episode swept past with so many thrills and extremely interesting moments of character development that I felt like I couldn't hold on tight enough.
Specifically, as of late I hadn't really connected with Bobbi's character as I never felt like she was integral to the story or brought much to the team.
But I thought the scene where she handled agent 33 and Ward was so brave and honest that I was rooting for this particular agent.
Then came the brief fight between Skye and May which I think highlighted how the ever increasing battle has pushed these characters into fighting each other because of the manipulation that Juinang has upon everyone to get what she wants.
Moving on, I did feel like Ward has become a bit of a loose thread for the finale story this season just because I didn't feel like there was any reason for him to be there.
His reason for torturing Bobbi seemed a little bland- he wants her to apologize to Agent 33 for what happened her. She made the right choice and I think that Ward doesn't really know what to do with himself now. What has his life become? Who knows but I hope he gets a better role in the third season if he is involved.
Finally, Skye has seen who her mother really is- a part of me felt for Skye, she has spent so long searching for parents and they both end up being insane maniacs who will kill anyone to get what they want and will use any means to justify their actions even Skye herself.
Cal's transformation was very funny and scary as his mad words and galloping lit the action scenes a little more.
I have to give credit for Juinang's plan though as it is really well thought out and the thread has been weaved together and crafted so well that my eyes keep bulging out of my face with shock.
Here's to the end of season 2! (Sad face)

No comments: